Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. The Top Ten topic this week is: Top Ten Bookish Confessions.
1. Late Library Books – very bad habit I know but I just forget.
2. Sex Scenes – I skip the sex scenes especially in historical romance novels. They are never-ending. And come-on they’re a little repetitive, only difference is a location change, from the bedroom to the parlour to the carriage. Boring!!
3. No patience 1 – I skip forward to see what happens in a story. Just a few pages and before I know it, I’m about 100 pages ahead and I have to go back. Worst habit that I constantly try to curb.
4. All about the books – I blow off real life to read. I’ve been known to spend all day in bed reading a book without communicating with another soul all day. I use up all my holiday/vacation days to sit on my couch and read.
5. No patience 2 – When I’m reading the first book in a series and the latter books are already published, I have to stop myself going online to read spoilers. I desperately want to know what happens.
6. Character names – Often I can’t pronounce characters names, so I make up my own version. So for example Mearray would be Mary. Sometime when I’m discussing a book with a friend, they don’t know who I am referring to. Embarrassing.
7. No patience 3 – Usually I preorder paper copies of my favourite authors new releases from the book depository but because I live in the middle of nowhere, they take over a week to arrive. This means the book is out for 7 days before I get it. So I buy the ebook on the release day. I’m not rich and I wouldn’t dream of wasting money on other stuff but when it comes to books, I have no sense.
8. Early release – I have a little habit of haunting book stores in the hope that a book will be on the shelves early. The staff love me!!
9. Harry Potter – I was the oldest person in the queue for the midnight release of Harry Potter. Small town and small queue filled with 12 years old girls and boys, bar me of course.
10. No patience 4 – I once purchased an ARC from ebay at a crazy price.