Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. The Top Ten topic this week is:
Top Ten Favorite Authors In X Genre (Ex- Top Ten Favorite Science Fiction Authors, Top Ten Fave Contemporary YA authors)
Coming up with a top ten in any genre was a real struggle as I’d only get to a max of 8 authors largely because I can’t recommend (aka disliked) the more recent books of some of my favourite authors. I’ve broken up with Charlaine Harris, Laurell K. Hamilton & Chloe Neill and I’m on sabitical from Kelley Armstrong. So I’ve decided to break my Top Ten into two top 5 lists, Urban Fantasy and Paranormal YA.
1. Ilona Andrews – Yes I’m a fangirl 🙂 I adore this author and Kate Daniels is my favourite series. I love the characters and the world the Andrews have created. The main series is pretty fantastic but so are the short stories featuring secondary characters. In addition Ilona Andrews blog is really good, these two are exceptional at fan interaction with free stories and snippets on their blog. And at the moment there is a free online serial Clean Sweep which I’m really enjoying. Follow the link here.
2. Wen Spencer – Oh Tinker, I put off reading this series for ages because of the awful covers. Thankfully the story inside the terrible cover is amazing. The world and characters just suck me in, every time.
3. Karen Chance – No one does non stop action like Karen Chance. I really enjoy all of her series but Dorina Basarab is my favourite.
4. Patricia Briggs – Mercy Thompson and Alpha & Omega are brilliant series. I highly recommend both. I’m a big fan of Anna and Charles. They just work 🙂
5. Seanan McGuire – I’ve fallen a little behind with the October Daye series but I mean to catch up soon.
1. Jennifer L. Armentrout – Daemon Black, need I say any more 🙂
2. Laini Taylor – So far I’ve only read Daughter of Smoke and Bone but I loved the story and the writing. Really looking forward to Days of Blood and Starlight in November.
3. Sarah Rees Brennan – I love her humour and her quirky characters. Plus her blog is too funny:)
4. Brigid Kemmerer – The Merrick family is awesome. The dynamic between the brothers is so realistic. I love them.
5. Melissa Marr – Melissa Marr has created some greats world and characters. Always an interesting read.